Sunday, February 24, 2008

Comfort Food

Chorizo and Eggs

Yesterday, for various reasons I wont go into here, I was feeling the need for comfort food.  I had purchased the ingredients to make homemade chorizo the week before, keeping the pork frozen until I wanted to use it, and was now ready to create.  

1 lb. ground pork
1 T salt
2 oz vinegar 
(preferably from a jar of pickled peppers)
as much chili powder as the meat will absorb
minced garlic
1 t oregano
Thanks to Melody for this recipe!

Buying ground (or minced, as they call it here) meat in Singapore is always an adventure, so I bought it whole and ground it myself in the cuisinart.  I used the cuisinart to add the rest of the ingredients to the meat, and then pulled off a smallish portion to cook up for my dinner.  Ahh, Mexican food.

No comments: