If you have been following along with our home audience, then you will recognize that I have removed the center 4-block square that I had before. It wasn't working for me, altho I did reuse some of those blocks in the center. I also changed out two blocks that had grey for the background. They were just stopping my eye. So now I'm really liking this. Funny thing is, it's not exactly what I was aiming for originally. It has evolved, and I just went with it.
I really like how I can see the whole piece when I post it on the blog, or just take a picture of it, really. When I'm standing in front of it, I can't tell much about it, but when I look at a picture, I can really see the whole thing at once.
And looking at it this way, I can see two blocks I'm going to switch. Hee hee.
Now comes the scary part: fusing these parts together and filling in the open spaces. I have a great idea (I think) for the open parts, but I'll post about that later....