Saturday, March 29, 2008

Some Crochet Content


Granny square pouch for my mp3 player


Crocheted Free-form bowl

That urgent need to create thing struck again, prompted by necessity in the case of the pouch for my mp3 player.  The bowl was a frogged scarf, which I started but thought better of completing.  The yarn is itchy (what is it?  wool?  acrylic?) and I would never wear something itchy around my  neck deliberately.  So, thinking it would stitch up pretty stiffly, I decided to try and make a bowl.  In the not-too-distant past, I was often amused for hours by making fabric bowls, and so it was a natural to try and crochet one, especially since one does not wear a bowl, itchy or not.

I must comment on my lack of entries lately, if only to get back on track.

I started this blog, having an intuition that this year I would need to be reminded again and again to be grateful for what I have.  I was so right.  I need to be reminded again and again. In trying to create a good habit, the opposite has happened.  I have been a very grumpy curmudgeon, feeling very put-upon and not at all inclined to see grace or beauty in my life.  Most days it has been difficult to feel grateful for anything.  

Well, I am endeavoring to turn my eyes outside of myself and my poorly-attended pity party, and to blog something, anything, that I can be thankful for.  The content might be a bit light at times.  But I intend to keep trying.  

So, today, I am thankful for second chances.  Even if it's the 50th second chance...

1 comment:

Melody Johnson said...

I, for one, am happy to see ANY content. I like the granny square ipod bag very much. And the freeform bowl is neato. But really, bowls from fabric? Wha?