Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day Visitor


This immature mynah bird flew into our sliding glass door and stunned himself right after we had finished our dessert. At first, I thought he had killed himself, but he came to pretty quickly. He appeared unhurt after a few minutes, but he insisted on clutching my finger and sitting on my hand. Mynah birds have an unusual diet, or we might have seriously considered keeping him. They are very smart birds. Actually, he calmed down pretty quickly and sat quietly in my hand unlike our tame, pet birds.

But, eventually he felt like he could fly off, and that's just what he did. But not before my husband snapped many photos of him, including the one above.
To see the photos, or many other photos of birds and other things, click here.

No comments: