Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Close Value


As I begin laying the background down under my hand, I am feeling that the colors are too close in value. Does this stop me? No.

There are many things I can do to fix this: I can rip out the background and use different valued colors, which I do not own, so that isn't really an option.

I could use a bleach pen and draw lines on the background pieces, thus reducing their value. I haven't ruled this out, altho it's risky: I've never tried this before.

Or I could try to lighten the background with the color thread I use to quilt it. I would have to quilt a lot to make the background seem lighter. That's ok with me; it seems like I'm into a lot of quilting these days.


But as I add more pieces to the background, I'm feeling like the best course is to just wait and see what happens. I may wind up with a different solution altogether.

Isn't being creative fun?

1 comment:

Melody Johnson said...

I don't think the background looks too close in value. I think it will quilt up nicely and have interest. The shapes will show up. Plus it is good not to have too busy a background.